Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Baby is 6

I can't believe that in just a few short hours I am going to be the mother of a 6 year old. My precious little girl is turning 6 tomorrow. At 12:20am to be exact. I remember every little of the day she was born like it was yesterday. Wasn't it just yesterday? Does this ever get easier, this passage of time? It's all I can do to not head upstairs and climb into bed with her. I miss the times just spent snuggling with her. It's amazing how quickly they outgrow that. I just want to hold her, soak her in and she is already such an individual with her own agenda and doesn't have time to just sit and snuggle anymore. How is it that you can remember every single moment of their lives in excruciating detail yet it seems as if no time at all has passed? How is it that these little beings that you grew inside of you, that you fed from your own body, that you cradled and rocked night after night can so quickly grow and become such an independent being? It's much too fast for this poor mother's heart.

No comments: