Friday, June 15, 2007

It made my day!

Yesterday was my last day of work in Melrose! You would think that would be the highlight of my day, right? Wrong! The thing that made me smile the most, that I am still impressed with is what happened in the morning before going to work.

I need to leave for work way too early. So even though I was running late, I was still leaving at 6:50am. As I walked out the door I saw my neighbor from the end of the road (we live on a dead end and he lives in the last house) pushing his motorcycle down the street. He pushed it all the way to the corner and then hopped on, coasted down to the end of the next street (also a dead end) before he started his motor. I thought that was the most considerate thing for him to do. It's got to be a pain to do that each morning and he doesn't have to. He's entitled to drive his vehicle from his home just like the rest of us. Yet, he thought of all of us and decided to be the ultimate example of a gentleman! Thank you!

No comments: